Republicans hate America.com

   
check for links to open new windows

Saturday, September 03, 2005


Operation Evacuate White People First

Posted by Frankie at 9/03/2005 05:56:00 PM

As the National Guard finally arrives into downtown New Orleans to evacuate Hurricane Katrina victims, the evacuation line was held up so that about 700 "clean" and "well-dressed" employees and guest of the luxury Hyatt Hotel could move to the front and leave immediately. One mother commented,
"This was the worst night of my life."
Howard Blue, 22, was blocked by National Guard troops when he tried to enter the "white" line where troops were even assisting the well-dressed guests with their luggage. Blue exclaimed,
"How does this work? They (are) clean, they are dry, they get out ahead of us?"
Even National Guard Capt. John Pollard commented on his orders to evacuate the $150 a night minimum Hyatt people first by moving them to the front of the line as,
"very poor."
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts even publish a press release reguarding the race and wealth biased evacuation:


CHICAGO, IL -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 09/02/2005 -- Hyatt Regency New Orleans and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) today announced the evacuation of hurricane victims -- including both guests and employees -- from the hotel. With the exception of a small group of Hyatt executives, safety experts, city officials and FEMA representatives, all guests have vacated the premises.

According to Hyatt Regency General Manager Michael Smith, guests and employees who had operable cars were evacuated and cleared to drive to points north via caravan, and the remainder were evacuated via bus. No guests were suffering from major injury or illness at the time of evacuation, Smith said.

The approximately 900 guests that remained on the premises following Katrina's powerful blow -- primarily hotel staff and their families, officials, and those in emergency-related roles -- were safely relocated to the hotel's well-sheltered ballroom, exhibit hall areas and serviceable guest rooms where they were kept comfortable following the hurricane while city and emergency officials began the difficult process of assessing storm related damage to the hotel and the city.

Permalink | | Comments (2) | Post a Comment |

2 Comments:

This whole thing is painful as hell. I have a friend somewhere in new orleans named Scott Frock, he is approx 30 years old, with red hair and he is a jazz trumpet player who is extremely talented. (he is originally from California and has since lived in Alabama and Virginia, he's caucasian) I pray he's ok, my instincts tell me that he probably left the area in plenty of time, and I know he has a car so I bet he is fine. But for other family and friends of mine that have relatives and friends in the area feel free to contact me through my blog or email, If I can help I am willing to,(and so will my parents who own the home I live in). Also Scott Frock, in the unlikely event that you see this, email your old friend please! Or anyone who knows he is OK email me please! Finally, I am just getting started reading your blog and so far it is one of the best independent ones I have ever seen. Keep it up because for some reason, too many Americans are living in an alternate reality and don't want to see the ugly racist American truth, we just have to keep shouting until they here us... or get tired of hearing us shout and give in just to shut us up! Anyway my blog is island41 (island for one)check it out if you'd like. My most recent two posts concern the incredible display of the real America going on in the Gulf.Peace.
Posted by Blogger vargusvictor on 8:12 PM  
Thanks for posting, I will be sure to check it out.

Here is some contact info online @ MSNBC to help find people:

http://msnbc.msn.com/apps/connect/search.aspx?n=A&i=2/

I hope your friend is alright.
Posted by Blogger Frankie on 1:30 AM  

 

 

2006 Republicans Hate America

end