Republicans hate America.com

   
check for links to open new windows

Thursday, September 01, 2005


Republicans Use Katrina To Eliminate More Taxes On The Rich

Posted by Frankie at 9/01/2005 04:14:00 PM


John at Americablog
get's the disturbing truth of how RNC Chair Ken Mehlman just sen't out a mass email to fellow Republicans:

RNC chair Ken Mehlman literally just sent out a mass email urging the elimination of, as he called it, "the death tax." Gee, just a coincidence that in the middle of the one of the greatest disasters in American history the head of the Republican party is focusing on a partisan political agenda dealing with tax cuts?

Here's an idea, Ken. If you're concerned about people paying a tax when they die then call your president and tell him to stop dicking around and do something about the people dying all across the south while you lobby for tax cuts.

Permalink | | Comments (4) | Post a Comment |

4 Comments:

Hi, Frankie. Do you understand what the "death tax" is? It is a tax on money you have already paid tax on! Now, when you die, beside the inheritance tax your children have to pay, they have to pay a tax simply because you died. Is that fair? I cannot understand, for the life of me, how anyone can agree with this. Is it because it is called a "tax"? Well! We certainly wouldn't want to take any money away from the elected officials, seeing how wonderfully they are doing rescuing these PEOPLE whom are DYING!

Have a good day.
Posted by Blogger Rosemary Welch on 9:27 PM  
After being left some money I contacted a tax lawyer to find out about the so called "death tax" and found out if doesn't even apply to people who are left less than 1.5 million. No it isn't a tax on money you have already paid tax on. If someone leaves me 2 million it is tax on free money that I have not paid tax on. If I got that money in any other way, including if someone gave it to me as a gift I would have to pay taxes on it so why shouldn't I have to pay them if I am lucky enough to have someone leave me that much money, it is still a gift?
Posted by Blogger LesleyinNM on 11:02 PM  
First, off, there is no such thing as the "death tax," it’s the inheritance tax. It’s just Republican spin to promote fear and ignorance, like “partial birth abortion.”

Children of the deceased have to pay because they are getting money, and it’s not just a tax on everyone. It’s for MILLIONAIRS. The cut-off is anything less than 1.5 million dollars I believe? If you are a selfish person and think you deserve all money, then be against it. I would be happy to pay money to the government when I die, I can’t take it with me.

Take money away from elected official? Thats what you want to do if I got your point right?
Posted by Blogger Frankie on 11:03 PM  
So I was right about the 1.5 million. I remember reading that. It's crazy, you have people who will never get left over 1.5 million of free money as you said, and are for this thing. You live in the greatest country in the world, be patriotic, love your country and pay your fair share of tax if are you fortunate to inherit over 1.5 million of free money some day...
Posted by Blogger Frankie on 11:14 PM  

 

 

2006 Republicans Hate America

end