Republicans hate America.com

   
check for links to open new windows

Sunday, July 03, 2005


Hagel, A Republican Who Doesn't Hate America

Posted by Frankie at 7/03/2005 04:03:00 PM

Well at least some of the time...

Republican Senator from Nebraska Chuck Hagel does a Q&A with the NY Times. Hagel has been an outspoken opponent of Bush and his administration in recent times and has been attacked by Cheney and other members of his own party because of it. Some exerts:

Q: You're one of a growing number of Republicans who have lately accused President Bush of botching the war in Iraq.

If someone says I am a disloyal Republican because I am not supporting my party, let them say it. War is bigger than politics.

Did you kill anyone in the war?

Well, I am sure I did.

What do you suggest that the president do?

For starters, we don't have enough troops. But I don't think the answer to increasing manpower is to pursue some of the things the Pentagon is doing, such as doubling and tripling bonuses for those in the military. Kids do not serve their country because they are in it to make money.

On the other hand, with our deficit now exceeding $400 billion, aren't we sort of out of money?

In terms of the deficit, we have blown the top right off. We're a bunch of Democrats.

I've never heard anyone call President Bush a Democrat.

That's my point. We're less honest about it. We built the biggest government history has ever seen under a Republican government. The Democrats are better because they are honest about it. They don't pretend. I admire that. They'll say: ''We want more money. We need more money.''

Source:
New York Times

Permalink | | Comments (0) | Post a Comment |

0 Comments:

 

 

2006 Republicans Hate America

end