Here are my personal Bush speech predictions… lets hope that I am wrong. What you may see:
- A lot of “the region” attacked us on 9/11, “the region” needs stabilized, “the region” breeds terrorists, “the region” want to attack us again
- Iraqi’s risking their lives to vote, dying to defend their country (although they are only jobs available)
- 200,000 Iraqi security forces are now trained and dying for their country
- Bush will give example of US soldier who was wounded (leg blown off by IED) and wants to go back
- Many comparisons or parallels to WWII in terms of the time, lives, money struggle etc.
- Some crazy statistics that somehow say we are winning
- Bush behind the troops, possibly wearing army attire himself
- Some Jesus or God quotes
- Theme: This battle / fight / war is the central front in “the war on terror” which started with 9/11 (from “the region”) which we must not lose and “stay the course” to promote democracy.
What you may not see:
I had some more good ones but forgotten them now, there is just so much crap for any single person to handle. Anyone have anymore they would like to add?
- No mention of permanent bases
- A soldier speaking up, sneering snickering, booing (though that would be so awesome)
- Truth about lack of: supplies, protective gear, armor, communication equipment
- Bush twins enlisting
- A call for volunteering among Americans
- No timeline, timetable, maybe some “goals” what we “will” meet
Permalink | |