Republicans hate America.com

   
check for links to open new windows

Monday, July 11, 2005


Operation Yellow Elephant Embedded Inside RNC

Posted by Frankie at 7/11/2005 12:12:00 PM

Thanks to Crooks and Liars for this gem...

Who knew that Paul Rieckhoff, founder of Operation Truth was part frenchman.

In a prelude to Operation Yellow Elephant, he was "embedded" at the 2004 Republican National Convention to talk about Iraq. As you might guess there were a few Young Republicans on hand to represent the up and coming youth movement that is the future of the GOP. He asked one young attendee, Shedrick Gavin of the "Florida Republican Youth Majority", if he would go fight in the war. When he answered matter-of-factly, "Of course not", Rieckhoff asked him why not.

Gavin's response was, and this is as close to an exact quote as I could get with all of his stammering, "I mean I'm... I'm here! No, I'm a, I'm a re... I don't believe in killing. I, I, you know, I, I'm a son of a, son of a, son of a preacher so I don't... it says 'thou shalt not kill'"

Fight in Iraq? "Of course not"
click image for video link

Permalink | | Comments (0) | Post a Comment |

0 Comments:

 

 

2006 Republicans Hate America

end